Project Update


I am still working on getting my questionnaire out to the local dealerships. After a discussion with the stats teacher, I have changed my method of collecting the data from e-mail to a phone call. A phone call is more likely to get responses than just sending an e-mail. Also I have come to the realization that I may not get every dealership to respond. I at least want to get five dealership’s information so that my data is actually useful. I plan on calling the dealerships this weekend and throughout the week. The fact that I am now calling the dealerships will make the collection process a little longer but it is worth the data.
Thursday, March 26, 2009

2 comments:

Krishna Patel | March 26, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I am sure that phone calls would be much more efficient than a survey. Although things tend to work out better when you do it in person rather than over the phone.

The more dealerships the better, so I think five would be a feasible number. It may be hard to get the dealerships to actually spend time and fill out your survey.

Good luck.

alexdee | March 27, 2009 at 6:27 AM

I also think that the phone calls will work a lot better. Not only is it a little more personal and hands on, but you are more likely to get a response as opposed to in an e-mail. An e-mail can be answered by the secretary for all you know, but through a phone call you can ask to speak to the manager or owner.
Also, the different dealerships may appreciate the initiative you are taking by calling them, instead of e-mailing them.

Post a Comment