Toolbox Errors

Just a week ago, I completed a Data Analysis Toolbox for my stats project. I thought the toolbox was complete, but boy was I in for a surprise.




When my toolbox was returned, it looked as if I had typed the paper in red ink. I had sections missing, spelling errors, and a lot of questions marks. Luckily, I was not the only one in class to have an underachieving toolbox. My co-students also seemed to struggle with their first toolbox. If you are unaware of what a data analysis toolbox is, here is an example:

Our teacher made us redraft the toolbox, and add a lot more information. I also had to reorganize my entire toolbox to make it more user friendly. I explained myself in a lot more detail, and the new toolbox flows a lot better. A few things that I added were explanations of the data interpretations. I explained my use of bar graphs, box plots, 5-number summaries(http://illuminations.nctm.org/Lessons/States/FiveNumSum.htm), mean, standard deviation, outliers, and power point. I also created and attached the questionnaire that I will be sending to the different car dealerships. A price range was also created for the questionnaire of cars ranging from $40,000 to $100,000. One very important section that was added was the details that I was going to have a total of three different reports. I will have to create three bar graphs, three box plots, and three numerical interpretations. This extra data will make my presentation a lot more interesting and a lot more useful. I am actually grateful that we had to recreate out toolbox due to the fact that it was very unprofessional. I now realize the importance of the toolbox and how it helps guide the project. The toolbox is similar to a business plan, which is the first thing you need before you to get work.
Thursday, March 19, 2009

2 comments:

Sobia | March 19, 2009 at 9:55 PM

This is a very good post. I really like how you have your data analysis toolbox with the corrections that Mrs. Blanchet gave you. This will help the readers see what changes you made. Also, there is a huge difference in what your toolbox was before and after. Good job!

jfolse | March 20, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Nice corrections on your toolbox. It is good that you included what questions you intend to ask the dealerships for your questionnaire in your toolbox so we know what you need from them.

Post a Comment