Final Data Collection and Analysis



The data collection process has finally come to an end!






The original project didn’t run so smoothly, and the new data was a lot easier to uncover. It was a lot easier to uncover due to the fact that my new project is an observational study, not an experimental study. To find my new data, I had to search the web and use many different car websites to compile prices of a few selected cars (mentioned in my toolbox).This took a little longer than expected, but I still have plenty of time until the due date. Since the data collection process if over, now I can begin my data analysis process. The analysis process is where I will begin to use the different techniques described in my toolbox to present the data to my audience. The data analysis process should take a lot less time than the collection process. To analyze my data I will use Microsoft Excel (www.microsoft.com/excel), and possibly a program called Minitab (http://www.minitab.com/). I have had prior experience with both and they should be fairly easy to navigate. If I do need help, I am sure one of my classmates will be there to assist me. Using these programs I will generate a box plot, bar graph, and a scatter plot; these seem to be the best visual aids for my data. I will also compute the five number summaries, and point out any interesting facts about the data. After I have done all of this, I will put it into a Power Point to present to my classmates and hopefully a few professionals. The Power Point will be constructed starting next week, and be fully completed by Friday. The class presentations are going to be on that Friday, and I think my presentation will be really interesting. I hope I do catch the attention of the media, and my project helps pave the way for other incoming statistic students.
Friday, April 24, 2009

1 comments:

Krishna Patel | April 27, 2009 at 5:28 AM

Your picture is not showing up on my page, so you might want to fix that.
Also, I would suggest searching a microsoft excel helper website, because those types of websites will greatly help you understand the functions of excel.

Post a Comment